Monday, February 26, 2007

Humor - support service crisis

The parallels between the uses of reading/writing, the uses of campuses, and the uses of computers and the Internet are fascinating. Not only the gains for higher learning are similar; so are the problems. Click here if you're interested in reading a short piece I wrote about that theme several years ago.

Here's a bit of humor on the same subject. This YouTube video clip shows a monk checking with his Help Desk staff about how to use a mystifying new technology, the book. It was passed along to me by my friend Jeffrey Brewster in Brussels. I'm not sure what the original language is (German? Flemish? Dutch?) but the English subtitles are quite adequate. I loved it!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:03 PM

    I love that clip! (I know it's not German or Dutch or Flemish; I'd guess one of the Scandinavian languages.) I found your site by Googling Jeffrey Brewster, who was my 6th-grade teacher in Antwerp in 1979. I love the Web. I never know where I'll end up.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?